[Responsibilities in brackets]
- Schedule a date to stop uploading content to your On-Premises version of OpenAsset and to start the file copy. [OpenAsset Support and Client]
- Configure On-Premises OpenAsset to be 'read only' on the date that copying begins. Users will still be able to access OpenAsset during the transition, but they will not upload new files or make any edits to metadata. [OpenAsset Support] Note: If LDAP is enabled in your On-Premises network, please have Firefox downloaded on the respective machine so we may log in using our master account.
- Copy OpenAsset files to an external hard drive. [Client] Note: We require that the OpenAsset files be sent to our OpenAsset office to be copied to our Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure. This minimizes bandwidth issues for you and allows us to monitor the copying of data.
- Mail hard-drive to OpenAsset. [Client]
- Upload files and metadata to OpenAsset Cloud. [OpenAsset Support]
- Re-configure any integration. [OpenAsset Support and Client]
- Configure SSO. [OpenAsset Support and Client]
- Configure InDesign Plugin for Drag & Drop. [OpenAsset Support and Client]
- Once completed, your Customer Success Manager will review your OpenAsset Cloud system with you and provide any training required. [OpenAsset CSM and Client]
- Decommission your On-Premises OpenAsset. [OpenAsset Support and Client]
The following sections will go over the steps mentioned above in more specific detail.
OpenAsset File Upload to Amazon S3
We will need to copy the contents of your image store into Amazon’s S3 system. We highly recommend copying the contents of your on-premises image store and a copy of the OpenAsset_Data folder onto an external hard-drive and then shipping that to us. Our engineer will provide shipping details to you in advance.
If you’re using our Deltek Connector, you will have to make your Vision server available externally outside of your work network if it isn’t already. This is due to OpenAsset moving from an internal server to Amazon’s cloud infrastructure.
If your on-premises OpenAsset is integrated with your intranet, website, or other system then you need to direct your application to the new Cloud URL. Please discuss this with our Support team in advance.
SSO and User Management
- SSO - We integrate with Microsoft Azure Active Directory, PingIdentity's PingFederate OAuth and other generic OAuths. We’ll work with you to configure SSO, but you can find additional details here.
- User Signup by emails.
- Manual user creation by Administrators.
Drag & Drop
Once you’ve made the move into the cloud, the AssetBar will not be available. Instead you can drag & drop files directly from the browser.
For dragging files into Adobe InDesign, users will use the OpenAsset InDesign Plugin. Please review the following guides for:
Drag & Drop into MS Office
Users can drag files directly from OpenAsset into MS Office 2013+. Administrators can set the file size to be dragged in 'System Preferences' under 'Cloud Drag & Drop'.