The goal of an Employee Module implementation is to create employee profiles within OpenAsset that feature relevant professional and biographical information as well as associated files like staff headshots. This guide will take you through the key steps that are required to complete the implementation, as well as advice for ensuring that the process is a success.
- Staff Headshots. This step is an easy win for most clients as they already have Staff Headshots in their system. Ensuring that headshots are stored in your OpenAsset system for the Employees you wish to create profiles for is important.
- Applying an Employee Identifier to Headshots. Your headshots are in the system, that’s great! In order to attach them to the employee profiles we’re creating they all need to have an identifier that matches and is consistent with information that will be stored on the Employee Objects. This can be done a number of different ways: a) add the Employee ID to a custom field for each file; b) add the Employee ID in a spreadsheet listing the employee files; c) add the employee name as a file keyword; d) use the filename if it includes the employee's name
- Creating Employee Objects. We need to add a list of Employees to OpenAsset. We’d also like to include some additional bio information on the employee, including education, background, professional qualifications, certifications and hire date. Provide us with a spreadsheet containing: a) name; b) employee code/number; c) other bio information to include on their profile. If that isn’t possible, just the employee names and code/number are needed and you can copy and paste biographical information from resume documents into OpenAsset fields.
- Attaching headshots to employees. This is where the identifier mentioned in Step 2 (above) comes into play. Using the information provided in the spreadsheet (Step 3, above) and the information applied to the employee headshots we’ll be able to attach the files to each Employee Object.
- Associating Employees to Projects. Now that we’ve built out Employee Profiles, we’re ready to connect the employees to the projects that already exist in your OpenAsset system. We have a template that you can use to list each employee and the projects that they’ve worked on. We’ll use the project codes in OpenAsset to tie to the Employee codes you have provided. You will be able to add their role and the dates they worked on the project.
- Scoping and building out a Resume Template. Provide us with a master resume InDesign file and we'll build your template into your OpenAsset system. We recommend sending us the InDesign file early on in the process so that we can start creating this as you add biographical information and assign photos to employees. (We will need at least one complete employee for the testing of the template)
As with any OpenAsset implementation project, we recommend focusing on the employees that you spend the most time creating resumes for at the beginning of the project. This will enable you to quickly have a base of content in OpenAsset to get the system up and running and will be the fastest way to begin to see value from your investment.
Each implementation may have slightly different needs as we understand that each client may be starting from a different point in their OpenAsset journey, may store data differently, or have different levels of resources available to work on this project. However you choose to approach your implementation, we'll work closely with you to make sure this process is a success.