Users can be added to OpenAsset manually or through integration with your LDAP/Active Directory. When integrated with LDAP/AD, your users will be able to login with the same credentials they use to login to their workstations.
While you can assign some permissions to users, many more permissions can be assigned to groups in OpenAsset. All users in your system are within at least one group.
Manage Your Users
To manage the Users in your system, navigate to 'Security' > 'Users' in your Settings menu.
The following page will display a list of the Users in your system. From here, you can create new users or edit and delete existing users.
Create a New User
To create a new user, click on 'Create New User'. The following information must be entered for the new user:
- Full name
- Confirm password
Delete a User
To delete a user, click the checkbox next to the user name and then select the 'Delete' button in the ribbon.
Note: this action cannot be undone.
Edit a User
Selecting 'Edit' next to a user will take you to the overview page for their user settings. From the menu on the left of the screen, you can select which area of their settings you would like to edit.
This section enables you to edit the login details for a user, enable SSO or LDAP/AD, and determine which User Group the user is assigned to.
The following default User Preferences can be edited:
- Theme - Default theme
- Language - Default language
- Images per page - Number of images per page
- Images per row - Number of images per row
- Search order - Default search order of results
- Thumbnail info 1 - 1st line of Information displayed underneath thumbnail on search results
- Thumbnail info 2 - 2nd line of Information displayed underneath thumbnail on search results
- Thumbnail info 3 - 3rd line of Information displayed underneath thumbnail on search results
- Thumbnail info 4 - 4th line of Information displayed underneath thumbnail on search results
Projects can be assigned to specific users. This helps to steer users towards the images they need to use. For example, assigning a user to all projects they are currently working on will ensure that they appear on the 'My Projects'.
To assign a project to a user, enter the name or code of the project into the search menu and select 'Add Assigned Project'.
To remove an assigned project from a user, select the 'Delete' icon next to the relevant project.