Note: The setup of the OpenAsset Templafy Connector only needs to be completed once for each organization. Before setting up the connector, contact a member of our Support Team and we will provide you with the information required to complete the process. The following guide is intended as an overview of this process.
The permissions for the OpenAsset Templafy Connector for all users are inherited from the permissions for the user account that is used for the initial setup. We therefore recommend creating a utility account to OpenAsset, for example named 'Templafy connector', for the setup. The user permissions can then be more easily adjusted in future.
- The person responsible for the setup will receive an invite link via email to sign up for a Templafy account.
- Log in to your account and navigate to the Admin section. This is accessible via a custom URL like this:
- Select 'Libraries' on the left-hand side, then click the ‘Add external Library’ button. You will see a menu similar to this:
Enter the details as follows:
- Choose integration type: select 'Custom Integration'
- Check the Enabled tickbox
- Display Name: enter 'OpenAsset'
- Base URL: this is the custom URL for your organization. It will look like this:
- Client ID: this is your system subdomain ie. the section of your OpenAsset system URL that precedes
- API Key: this is an OpenAsset generated token with the Token Id and Token separated by a colon e.g
- To Generate an Authentication Token in OpenAsset, go to: 'Settings'>'Security'>'Authentication Tokens' and select 'Create New Token'. Enter a token name eg. 'Templafy', then select 'Never Expires'. Combine the two numbers on screen for your API key.
Having entered the correct information, select 'Create' to complete the integration setup.